What is Mind-Body Medicine?
- Mind-body medicine or cognitive behavioural therapy uses the power of thoughts and emotions to affect physical health and wellbeing. It is based on the understanding that “our thoughts create our reality”. Quantum Physics confirms that matter is energy and we affect that energy with our thoughts. For example, if one's thinking and habits are negative, they create a negative magnetic force field that attracts negative energies of whatever the mind is focused on. Mind Body Medicine works firstly, by creating self-awareness of how one's thinking and habits shape one's life. Secondly, by assisting a person to rebalance their thought patterns and create a new energy rhythm, reshaping their reality to what they truly want to experience. In essence, the person's consciousness with its new awareness becomes the catalyst to effect healing in the mind, restoring balance to the body and its environment.
What is a flower essence?
- Flower essences are organic health remedies derived from the essences of flowers. The essence is the blueprint of the spirit of a flower, the purest aspect of a plant. The blueprint carries the unique evolving characteristics of plants like the DNA in the human body. These characteristics have a holistic healing effect on human nature. Their subtle vibrations affect the full spectrum of the human psyche from physical, emotional, mental to spiritual.
How do flower essences work with conventional medicine?
- Flower essences are organic and are regarded as energy or vital force medicine, in other words they are the living life force of plants evolved over thousands of years and are used as medicine. They are organic and have no known contra-indications to all forms of medications and treatments. If an ailment continually reoccurs, look for what sets it off. For example, reoccurring colds could be stress or low energy related. You could mediate this by taking time out or look at mindfulness or meditation practices to relax the mind. Flower essences work well with reducing stress by choosing a flower that resonates with the underlying issues. For example, the Living Essences Pink Fairy Orchid rebalances the mind that is stressed by environmental chaos, ie noisy, emotionally charged or pressured environments. This flower instils inner peace, resilience and composure to the mind reducing its oversensitivity to its environment. The healing alleviates the stress that triggered the cold and brings awareness of the cause, an invaluable insight enabling one to review and initiate appropriate action to mediate the stress.
How do you take flower essences?
- The usual dose is seven drops under the tongue or in a glass of water in the morning, late afternoon or evening. A 15ml remedy, if taken as recommended, will last 2-4 weeks while a 30ml remedy will last 6-8 weeks approximately. At the end of this period reassess the effect of healing that one has experienced and whether a further application is required. It is advisable to continue the intake of remedies after the symptoms and cause have been mediated to minimise the possibility of it recurring.
How do you store flower essences?
- To maintain the longevity of flower essences store them out of direct sunlight in a moderate or cool environment. Preferably below 30C standing upright to minimise the alcohol deteriorating the rubber dropper. Essences should be kept separate from incense and essential oils or any products with strong aromas that may taint the essence by seeping through the rubber dropper tops. Flower essences are medicine, so hygiene procedures should be adopted when taking them orally under the tongue. Care must be taken not to touch the dropper on any surface or part of the mouth. Rinse the dropper with spring water or brandy before placing it in the bottle if this happens. Screw lids of essences tightly to minimise the evaporation of the preserving agent or contamination from air reducing the life of the essence. This also includes creams and mist sprays or any flower essences associated products.
Can flower essences be mixed with essential oil products?
- While flower essences can be mixed with essential oils (for example massage oils) their unique healing vibrations will be altered by the vibration of the essential oils reducing their effectiveness.
Is there a difference between herbs, and flower essences?
- Herbal medicines are made from the roots, leaves, berries and barks of plants and are prescribed with their chemical components such as alkaloids and tannins for the healing or alleviation of physical symptoms. A Flower essence is the blueprint of the spirit of a flower the purest most evolved and potent aspect of a plant. Due to its more subtle qualities it has the ability to effect healing and alleviation of ailments and symptoms from the physical through to the more subtle spiritual aspects of our nature.
How does crystal resonance therapy work?
- Crystal resonance like flower essence therapies operate under the Law of Resonance or the Law of Attraction also known as the Law of Correspondence. When we are attracted or repulse by a crystal it is because something within our makeup is out of balance with the frequencies emitted by that crystal. When we hold, carry, wear or have a crystal within the radius of our energy field two things happen:
- The vibration of a crystal being a strong steady frequency will gradually synchronise the same vibration that is out of alignment in the energy, physical, emotional, psychological or spiritual aspect of our makeup or the environment around the crystal if you place it in a room. Healing is experienced when the balance of that frequency is reached.
- There are also frequencies in our psyche that are impaired or inert due to life circumstances. When a crystal carrying that frequency is within the radius of our energy field, it repairs or activates that frequency in the same process above, affecting a healing.
What is Pranic Healing
- Pranic Healing is an evolved system of energy medicine which Grand Master Choa Kok Sui researched, trialled and developed for over 20 years. It is a combination of ancient healing techniques still practiced today in India as Pranic Healing and in China as Qigong, ki kung or ki healing. Prana is all around us in the air, the earth and the sun. This resource of natural energy is utilised by a Pranic Healer by redirecting their flow to the body of another person for the purpose of stimulating the body's self-healing system.
Is there a difference between Pranic Healing and Reiki
- There are differences in the techniques of the two disciplines. Pranic Healing is considered more comprehensive and advanced in its clinical-based procedural methods. It uses a non-touch technique with a methodical approach in its processes. A Pranic Healer would begin with scanning the client's body to assess areas of depletion or congestion. This is followed by a “sweeping” technique to clear the body of congestion and contaminated energy. The healer would, according to their experience, use specific techniques to rebalance the body energy projecting prana or vital force from the air, earth and sun to specific energy centres to stimulate the natural self-healing process of the body. Colour and crystals can be used to accelerate the process along with the channelling of divine energy known as electric violet light or spiritual healing. Diligent hygiene is followed by the practitioner to ensure that his health and that of the client is not compromised. This is done through observing various breathing techniques, exercise and dietary and other cleansing technique to maintain personal energy levels and hygiene.
- Reiki healing incorporates both touch and non-touch techniques. It is referred to as a form of spiritual healing. A practitioner channels divine energy and redirects it to a person to facilitate healing. It does not use any energy assessment technique as it relies on the practitioner's intuition.
- Both modalities are energy-based healing and work on the energy body and energy centres known as chakras and the meridian system.