“When you expand self awareness obstacles dissolve in the light of your awareness"
Meditation & Mindfulness For Beginners
Anyone can meditate the only obstacle is your attitude!
These classes are for those who have done a little meditation and have an understanding and experience of the basis of meditation and are looking to develop and strengthen their practice, techniques and lengthen their concentration span. Meditation and Mindfulness are fast becoming the alternative solution to mental, emotional and physical ailments. They are organic, available to everyone, affordable and can be applied anywhere and anytime. The power of these mind transforming practices to transform the way we think affecting life transforming habits and behaviour has made it one of the most fast growing wellness activity in the Health Industry.
The basis of meditation and mindfulness will be strengthened gradually over six 1 hour weekly classes running Saturdays. The classes combine teachings about the practices and their applications followed by short guided meditations putting your learning into practical applications. These classes will build your theory and practical use of meditations with clear understanding of their health, personal and spiritual evolving benefits.
Some of the main techniques of meditation and mindfulness you will explore and practice are:
- Overview of meditation and mindfulness and their ancient roots and purpose.
- Building the basic techniques of breathing, grounding and connecting to the body to cultivate awareness and centre the mind in the now.
- Guided meditations applying techniques of visualisation, using all the senses of smell, taste, sight, hear and feel opening up these communicating faculties that are often under-utilised when the mind is over-active.
- Guided mindfulness applying focus, attention span and detachment to better understand the nature of issues without the filters of the mind triggering emotions clouding the ability to seeing situations from a holistic perspective.
- Breath and body-work - training the mind to move into silence using the ancient technique of yoga breath
- Introduction to the Energy or Chakra Centres and the 5 Energy Fields of the Human Body through meditation.
- Meditation connecting to the Heart Space moving the mind from its busy state to the calm Alpha level of the heart when its activated.
- Detachment, observing and witnessing the thoughts, the body and emotions learning to observe and be with what is happening.
- Understanding the workings of the mind and how to use it as “mind body medicine”
- Introduction to the 5 brain waves and how they work and how to consciously activate the different frequencies to maintain balance in our cognitive and intuitive brain waves. ie Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta.
To view prices and book into a class please click Meditation for Beginners. Booking is essential to reserve your place.
For those new and who want to learn the basis of meditation and mindfulness we run half day workshops that cover the basis of these practices. Click her to view the program and book online Beginners Meditation and Mindfulness Workshop.
Dress Mode and what to bring
Dress comfortably, our Centre has heating and cooling system. For hygiene reasons please bring a throw rug if you feel the cold as you are lying down or sitting still for an hour. Meditation Mats, cushions and chairs are provided. Bring a water bottle and anything else to personalise your experience ie cushion, crystals sacred objects.
We have free parking in the front and back of the Centre. Please park anywhere other that parkings that have sign post assigned to businesses we share the premises with. Parking on the road is also free.