“When you expand self awareness obstacles dissolve in the light of your awareness"
Meditation & Mindfulness For Beginners
Anyone can meditate the only obstacle is your attitude!
These classes are for those new to meditation or have dabbled in it and are now ready to explore, learn and apply them in daily living. Meditation and Mindfulness are fast becoming the alternative solution to mental, emotional and physical ailments. They are organic, available to everyone, affordable and can be applied anywhere and anytime. The power of these mind transforming practices to transform the way we think affecting life transforming habits and behaviour has made it one of the most fast growing modality in the Health Industry.
The basis of meditation and mindfulness will be introduced gradually over six 1 hour weekly classes running Saturdays. The classes combine teachings about the practices and their applications followed by short guided meditations putting your learning into practical applications. These classes will build your theory and practical use of meditations with clear understanding of their health, personal and spiritual evolving benefits.
Some of the main techniques of meditation and mindfulness you will explore and trial are:
- The basis of meditation and their ancient roots
- Apply meditation and mindfulness to problem solving, de-stressing and healing mind,body and spirit
- Reflection and contemplation increasing self-awareness
- Concentration, attention and focus abilities
- Breath and body-work – how to use them to train the mind to be “present” to be in the “now”
- Visualisation and imagination expanding your creativity
- Working with heart awareness increasing the electric magnetic field of the heart
- Detachment, observing and witnessing the thoughts, the body the emotions increasing self awareness
- Understanding the workings of the mind and how to use it as “mind body medicine”
- Setting up a meditation space at home to put your investment to practice
To view prices and book into class please click Meditation for Beginners. Booking is essential to reserve your place.
For those who want to learn the whole process of meditation and mindfulness in one sitting try the Beginners Meditation and Mindfulness Workshop. These cover the same process outlined here but in a half day workshop.
Dress Mode and what to bring
Dress comfortably, our Centre has heating and cooling system. For hygiene reasons please bring a throw rug if you feel the cold as you are lying down or sitting still for an hour. Meditation Mats, cushions and chairs are provided. Bring a water bottle and anything else to personalise your experience ie cushion, crystals sacred objects.
We have free parking in the front and back of the Centre. Please park anywhere other that parkings that have sign post assigned to businesses we share the premises with. Parking on the road is also free.