A Salt Lamp is not a medical device but as an ionizer in living spaces it can assist with relieving the symptoms of headaches, insomnia, hay fever, allergies, asthma or bronchitis.
Himalayan Natural Salt Lamps, bath crystals or any products made from the Himalayan Salt is a natural earth ioniser . In our modern day living our homes and work have electrical wiring throughout with so many electrical appliances, computers, tv, laptops, mobiles, tablets etc. These emit harmful positive ions. When Himalayan salt lamps are turned on regularly in these spaces they warm the salt up that emits negative ions into the atmosphere neutralising the positive ions. The warm salt also draws the moisture from the air that carry air born bacteria living in the air moisture to the salt lamp where the moisture is evaporate by the warmth of the salt lamp that terminates the bacteria in the process.
Care for your Salt Lamp and when you go on holiday;
Salt lamps must be turned on daily, we usually recommend if you work to turn them on when you arrive home so they can start working in clearing your space. They can be left on during the night to maximise their benefit and are ideal as night lights around the house or bedrooms as they emit a relaxing low light glow. In the morning switch them off before you leave the house. If you are at home most of the time they can be left and we recommend not to leave them on when you are not at home or at work for safety reason.
Salt lamps require this daily routine above to keep them dry as they do absorb moisture in the air and can accumulate at the bottom of your salt lamp causing hazard in electrical wiring. To ensure your furnishing is not damage by moisture place a nice saucer under them to catch any residue. If you follow the instruction here you should have no problems and enjoy more of your natural ioniser. Generally over summer salt lamps are find with moisture but winter can be a problem if you don’t leave them on long enough.
If you go on holiday don’t forget to put your salt lamp preferably in a sunny area of the house and on a saucer so the sun can keep the moisture on your salt lamp down to a minimum and the saucer catching any build up.